Saturday, July 19, 2014

Under the Radar

Sorry I have been 'under the radar' lately, I have checked many of your blogs as I could but as I will explain I have not had good internet service.

In the past few weeks I have been working on a small mountain farm my wife and I purchased in the North Georgia mountains, it is about 9 miles from town and until recently I had to travel to town to receive a WI-fi service.

 The property was badly neglected and needed a lot of clean up. I have spent days on the tractor cutting hay and trying to make it workable.

I hope to be able to post more in the coming days as time allows. Right now I am living in two places at once and traveling over 400 miles back and forth to Florida every few weeks to take care of business.

It has been raining here fairly steady for 2 days now and is not expected to let up for a while so I am using the chance to catch up on my blog.


Hope you all have a good weekend and stay safe.

19 comments:

  1. Duke I'm happy that you have some land. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Duke - congratulations on getting your land - woohoo - i am very happy for you! can you tell us more about the land - like how much land and is there running water or a spring or a well on it? it sounds like the area gets a good amount of rain which is always good for a garden! can you tell us what you plan to do with your land? i am just glad that you have your land and are back in "blogland". thank you for the update...i've been a little worried about you.

    much love to you and yours buddy! your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kymber, I am sure you thought I had dropped off the face of the earth, I will post more pictures as I can. The property does have a spring and a small year round creek which attracts a lot of wildlife. Thanks for stopping by my friend.

      Delete
  3. What they said - congrats! Good to know you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rev Paul, sorry it took so long getting back.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Harry, The weather here sure beats Florida at the moment.

      Delete
  5. Hey Duke,

    Welcome back..the area is very pretty and I wish I could buy some land near Blairsville or some other north Georgia city, Turn it into my post apocalyptic zombie refuge zone or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MrGarabaldi, Thanks my friend. It is nice to have a safe place.

      Delete
  6. To, Old NFO, Pioneer Preppy and JUGM, Sorry but I accidentally deleted your comments through my message center. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for checking in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do what you gotta! Looking forward to the pics when you get done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Duke,

    I'm happy for you and your wife. Congratulations on your new place.
    Don't work to hard, enjoy your new place.
    I look forward to seeing pictures in the up coming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like all hands needed on deck. No worries, you take the time to get to what's important - the world will still be here when you get some time to relax.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful little spot in time for you all. The hard work will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duke - congratulations on getting your land

    ReplyDelete