Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pistol Malfunction Clearance

Here is a short video from Clint Smith on Pistol Malfunction Clearance. It is not new information just a refresher course on what we may do already. He also has a way to make it simple to understand. Another point to understand, many times we tend to think a malfunction is a flaw in the weapon and that is not the case most of the time. It could be dirt, lack of lube, defective ammo, operator error etc.
Anyway enjoy the video, I's always good to be reminded of basic drills.



4 comments:

  1. First basic rule of handgunning...'Ole Clint makes it look easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen, It's always good to refresh basic procedures, I don't get tired basic drills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does make it look easy. I've seen people get yelled at for looking at their gun when it jams. Don't try and figure it out, just fix it. Thanks, Duke, I need to go practice now. I found myself using my brain too much last time I did this drill and really making a mess of it. Time to get back to basics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 45er, Glad it helped, Clint has a very 'military' approach to these problems (it's the way it is taught), don't try and figure it out just 'do it' I know this is the best approach in a 'do or die' situation and is good to practice.

    ReplyDelete