Wednesday, June 12, 2013

'Shakin the bush boss'

Probably one of the classic movies of all time is 'Cool Hand Luke'  I like the scene where he is relieving himself along side the roadway while working on the chain gang and he has to keep showing he has not ran off  by shaking the bush while saying it out loud.
 I feel like I have been on a chain gang lately, I have been busy, in fact I just finished putting a metal roof on a house yesterday and I was reminded I am not as young as I used to be, of course high humidity and over 90 degrees didn't help either. Anyway here I am 'shakin the bush' to let you know I have not escaped (although I must admit it did cross my mind)
While I am at it I would like to recognize a new follower MaddMedic, welcome my friend, if you have a blog let me know and I will provide a link.
I am ready for a break from this heat and I am planning a trip next month up to West Virginia (for a couple of weeks)  to visit family and maybe do some shooting, I know it is still summer there but it has to be nicer in the mountains this time of year. 

6 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, I am up to my armpits with cub scout stuff and the hot weather takes it out of you. I find it difficult to post anything at night while I am soaking up the A/C. Next week I go back to my 3rd shift life again and I have to adjust my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MrGarabaldi, As Bill would say "I feel your pain"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke,

    I know how you feel when your talking about doing work and age.

    The temperatures are heating up, and taking a vacation to W. Virginia sound fabulous. Do some hunting, maybe some fishing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya, it's nice here. Nice and humid. Bring guns and ammo. Lots of 'em. And if you see any hot female hitch-hikers, pick 'em up and bring 'em along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murphy, I will take you up on going shooting, I am accustomed to humid, might not like it a lot but it has to be better than down here.

      Delete