Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Just a thought.

The big Zero has just been give another four years to bleed us of our rights and freedoms and times will no doubt get a lot tougher. Right after he took the throne four years ago he was awarded the 'Nobel Peace Prize' for.......Ah well....... no joke, nobody really knows why but he got it but I think the NRA should award him 'Gun Salesman of the Decade' very soon.
One thing which is happening is all our taxes will go up, either income taxes or taxes via increased prices due to more burden being placed on business like health care and federal regulations and the sad part is I actually think when it's all said and done even fewer people will have health care. In times like this people need to stick together much like they did in years gone by. Government programs do not fix anything it only throws money at a problem and creates a bigger pig.
During the Great Depression folks grew gardens to feed themselves and it gave them item's to barter with as well, this could be done again today as well as trading services in lieu of paying cash. When friends and family were in need others would chip in and help to ease the pain.
 This is true today, it might mean trading child-care for house work or arranging a work party to fix someones roof for example. If someone is sick an unable to work food baskets or prepared meals might be a boost to someone, if might mean donating blood to help them or volunteering to sit with a convalescing friend so their spouse could go to work.
As things get tougher we will need to stick together and if you really need help are you going to trust the government  or your friends and family to look out for your best interest ?
Just a thought.

10 comments:

  1. The wife is into square foot gardening. And we plan to grow more this season. Neighbors, are also growing gardens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flier, I plan a bigger garden this year as well, in fact I have already plowed it twice.

      Delete
  2. The sad thing is that barter is a taxable event. Kinda sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon, good thing is nothing is taxable if you don't tell 'em.

      Delete
  3. Planning to increase gardens here, too, in NW Texas. Even considering a greenhouse as we are in a terrible drought and I could control water etc. better.
    The bigger problem is we seniors are obligated to use the governments medicare program and it stinks. Most of us can't afford to private pay doctors for service as everything is so expensive now. I will just pray I don't get anything major!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CottonLady, We all do what we can. There are many in the same boat as you in regards to medicare, I use the VA for my health care so I understand. Thanks my friend.

      Delete
  4. I love the picture! I grow a bigger garden every year! I want to eventually take up the whole front yard! Bartering is the best! During the summer, my neighbor will smoke a bologna or two for us and then I will give him pickles, soap, eggs, or whatever I have around. Same with my old neighbors they will trade me whatever vegetable they have for something I have, one time the old lady wanted okra and I didn't have much left so she said "that's it?" so I brought her some sweet potatoes to make up for it LOL! It feels good to trade ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, sounds like I need to move next to you. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. And that is trully the only way we can lick them at their game is to stop buying and working a taxable income anything to stop them from getting more money=power eventually they will fall.

    ReplyDelete