Monday, March 19, 2012

I Was In Denial

I Did not really want spring to be here, not that I don't like spring, it is one of my favorite times of year but it is so short and I know summer is not far behind. I went outside and realized I might as well face it.

My citrus trees are blooming, the bees are hard at work. 




I picked the rest of my pink grapefruit, I guess we will put up a lot of juice in the freezer, they are so sweet this year.













The courtyard is so green, everything is sprouting.














The azaleas are in full bloom.
 Everything is getting so green, even had to mow some grass today.















My tomato plants are looking good.















Flowers are blooming everywhere.






















My beans are sprouting in the garden.








My old Jeep looks a little sad. I need to get it back on the road. I had put a Chevrolet V8 engine it a few years ago (quite a job if you want to know) but my youngest son wanted the motor so he took it out, guess I need to find another engine, maybe a smaller one. It does make a good summer buggy and a good emergency bug out vehicle. Oh well one of my many projects. I guess summer will be here next week.

22 comments:

  1. It has been amazing here too. 80s this weekend, 70s through the week. Lots of sun. And only March. We could still get a good snow or two - but hopin' that nonsense is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I too worked outside yesterday, and in the garage. At one point I said to Sweet Wife, summer with its heat and humid conditions are but five days away and I hate the thought of it. Your yard is looking great. You know, I do love pink grapefruit....my buddy, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Duke - i am sorry but i am seriously jealous! spring is definitely on its way here but hasn't quite arrived yet! we do have 3 full months of spring until summer hits, and our summers are really nice - not too hot and never humid - we always have the fresh ocean breeze. but you already have flowers and bees and green!

    oh and i won't let jambaloney see this post! he would kill for those grapefruit! and the jeep!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You keep talking like that and I'm likely to end up camping in your back yard.

      Delete
    2. we always got a place for you buddy! always!

      Delete
  4. Duke, out here on the left coast the weather is as mixed up as most of the people. I also have trees in full bloom ( nectarines and plumbs ) and covered with bees. This weekend we had a storm roll through and the mountains just to the north of my house are covered with snow and it is cold, at least for So. Cal. My tomatoes are still on the window sill, they wouldn't have made it this weekend if they had already been put in the ground. Don

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, all it takes is one freak cold spell to wipe out a lot of blooms.

      Delete
  5. Well, I am not feeling sorry for you:) All that is popping up around your place makes me seriously jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry but It seems like time goes so quickly anymore.

      Delete
  6. The Pecan trees aren't out yet, they are always the last, I don't think we will get any snow though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bastard. I've still got snow. Actively falling. Old Man Winter can die screaming in a fire.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you guys are in overdrive over there. My pear tree just started little buds of fruit. The grass is growing insanely fast. We're waiting for the Crape Myrtles to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like your summer is not far behind either.

      Delete
  9. SO! Your the one that kidnapped all the bee's. I'm jealous, your yard looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend, I really haven't done much with it yet.

      Delete
  10. Wow...I love everything. Beautiful, amazing, wonderful!!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the old jeeps...good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, they are pretty neat. I would love to have and old Willys.

    ReplyDelete