Sunday, April 29, 2012

Camp Cooking, Shish Kabobs

I like to cook especially while camping or just enjoying the outdoors. shish kabobs is one of of those meals you can use what you like either chicken, beef, pork or all 3 together.
I cut beef (in this case) in cubes and marinated it in zesty Italian dressing overnight (shown in zip-loc bag) and then cut peppers, onion and pineapple into chunks.


Here is all the vegetables ready to start.




 All put together ready for the grill. Beef, peppers (3 different colors) pineapple, onion and tomatoes.










On the grill, I cook over coals and turn till they look done, usually about 20 minutes with a low heat.
With beef the only meat they can be a tad rare with no problem, not so with chicken or pork.




Ready to eat left, with corn on the cob and fresh french bread. As you can see I really like to rough it.

13 comments:

  1. Those look incredible.

    I have to admit, I didn't have my glasses on and read that as Camp Cooking Sushi Kabobs, and I thought "well something to do with the trout if you can't get your fire started".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brigid, I was guessing at the spelling, the spell check did not have a option. I get hungry looking at your food posts, I guess it was my turn.

      Delete
  2. yep, buddy - yer a roughin' it kind of guy! no fancy meals for you when yer out campin' - bahahahah! looks delish tho! i love shish kebabs!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, kebabs are a camping staple here too... quick, easy, and feed a family of 42...LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO, I never had to feed 42 but I have fed over a dozen. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. Now that's what I call roughing it. The "NEW" MRE's Duke style.

    Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, yea we can only wish MRE's were this good.

      Delete
    2. Them 'dare is some awful pruty sticks of meat...

      Delete
  5. We also "roughed" it Saturday night. I made some foil dinners (hamburger patti with lots of onions, carrots and chunked potatoes wrapped up in aluminum foil). Husband started the fire up, while daughter and I wrapped up the meal. After the fire was down to coals, bury the foil dinners under them. Wait twenty minutes, and then, tada!, dinner is served. Just have to unwrap the meal carefully to avoid any steam. Drats, now I'm hungry again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tehmom, that sound good as well, will have to try it. Thanks.

      Delete
  6. Kabobs are the bomb! Great on the first night of a camping trip, just cut the meat and veggies up ahead of time, place in a bag with marinade, take with you and as people want to eat just hand them a skewer and tell em to go at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huey, agreed, Kabobs are great I can stuff myself on them. Thanks.

      Delete