Friday, October 4, 2013

Good Advice

When I was a young person my grandfather used to tell me, "If you believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see you will get along just fine" I have thought about that many times over the years and especially the last few days with all the government shutdown coverage,  DC woman gunned down with toddler in back seat, Navy yard shooting, 0bama blaming everything on the Republicans and the Tea Party, The news media having no clue or just regurgitating the White House views. It is enough to make your head spin. As I was flipping
around the stations last night trying to get some information and getting more and more frustrated with the whole situation I ran across a Pro Wrestling show, talk about refreshing, FINALLY something to watch that is more believable than anything else on TV
I never thought I would see the day that pro wrestling would have more credibility than most of the so called news services. It without a doubt has more credibility than anyone in the current White house.

12 comments:

  1. It's difficult to find any source of information you can trust these days. I feel like I get more honest information listening to Radio Beijing than I do most American news networks, which is a sad state of affairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, true enough, maybe I should be checking out overseas news stories.

      Delete
  2. Duke,

    We are as frustrated as you are with the new and stuff going on in our country.
    I would suggest watching overseas news, that's what we do in order to get the actual news.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MSM, smoke and mirrors, and too many kool-aid drinkers. I enjoy Fox News, but sometimes I don't know who to beleive any more. Too many bloggers preach doom and gloom, and armed revolt. I wonder how many folks are on the edge of loosing their marbles.??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they will wake up soon. Thanks Rob.

      Delete
  4. He was right, and you're right THAT is pretty sad...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We know the Pro Wrestlers are pulling our legs. They know that we know. But we have to pay to see them "working". With the government, we pay but never see them work. I'm waiting for the breaking news bulletin that announces Trayvon Martin is still dead. That's as informative as they're being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LJ, Oh baby say it isn't so.....But I would pay to see Hulk Hogan body slam Nancy Pelosi

      Delete
  6. The majority of the time i sit outside and don't even watch, just listen to music. Now that it's cooling off, sitting outside is nicer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior, I'm starting to get the same way. Thanks.

      Delete