Tuesday, October 1, 2013

New FY, 0bama Care

This is a new fiscal year and part of the issue is the implementation of obama care.
I always try and look on the bright side and I think this will actually save me a lot of money.
I get all my medical care through the VA however my wife has a very high health insurance bill, but the deal now is insurance companies can't deny coverage on preexisting  conditions so I'm figuring just drop insurance till she gets sick, I am sure rates will double or triple overnight but if you go for years without having to pay premiums what a deal and even if you go to the doctor for the flu and pay out of pocket maybe $200 it's still cheaper than one month premium.
I am also sure it will wreak havoc on the whole health care industry if everyone did this but they have been wreaking havoc on my finances for a long time so turnabout is fair play.
And you know the bottom line, I'm not going to worry over it. The government has been screwing us over for a long time and not caring how we feel about it so it's about time we did what's best for us and not worrying how they feel about it.
Maybe we can get the government to drop preexisting requirements on car insurance companies, that would really save me a lot of money, I could just get insurance when I had a wreck........I like that idea.

18 comments:

  1. awesome idea on the car insurance notion..I think you are on to something.
    I so very much wish to be there for that "OMG" moment when the people who think this is free, find out its not..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JUGM, maybe they could work on the car ins. situation next year.

      Delete
  2. I love the way you think. Take advantage of the system. Doing so is neither illegal nor immoral in this particular case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt, you are correct, it's not illegal if they provide for that situation in the law.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good plan to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wise and thought out post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit there's a certain appeal to simply ignoring the new "law of the land." After all, the Defense of Marriage Act was the law of the land, too - and the pResident announced he wouldn't enforce it.

    Again, turnabout is fair play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rev Paul, I agree, I will make the system fit my needs.

      Delete
  6. I thought it worked like this: get sick, go to the doctor, have them send the bill to Washington DC. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kellie, I think that is basically the plan for the welfare class.

      Delete
  7. Just combining the two parts of your post. If your wife drops her health insurance totally and is then seriously injured in a car crash, God forbid, how will she pay hospital bills?

    ReplyDelete
  8. FrankC, at the moment if she does not have health insurance and get injured in a car crash the auto insurance will have to pay (depending who is at fault)

    ReplyDelete
  9. At the risk of being stoned, things are better for people with disabilities, because now they can get health insurance.

    Premiums are going up pretty high though. Mine and my brothers have been raised significantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, There are always people who fall through the cracks however my understanding is people who are disabled are already eligible for medicare. And you have already found out what most of the sheeple have yet to realize that nothing is free especially not healthcare.

      Delete
  10. Yeah, interesting cycle isn't it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO, it is and it's going to be a train wreck before it's over with I am afraid.

      Delete