Monday, March 5, 2012

Act of Valor, Review

I went to see Act of Valor this weekend. Overall good movie, It does have some Hollywood special effects but seems fairly realistic. I paid close attention to the dialog and terminology used and it was authentic. When they used helmet cams  I picked up on their breathing patterns and found it interesting because I knew they were not actors. I have worked around Special Ops and SEAL's and was even assigned to one of their compounds in Iraq for 3 months so I had some basis for my observation. Even the grooming standards were true to form. Most movies like this would tend to show everyone with a 'high and tight' haircut but the 'hair on the collar' and beards is fairly common with them as they like to look non-military in civilian clothes. Overall a 'Must See' movie.

14 comments:

  1. Trying to Talk Senior in to going for a "Date Night"

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it passes muster with you, I think I will try to find time to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Duke, Thanks for the rating, I'm going to try to get hubby (Bulldog man) to go with me to the movie.

    Sandy, Oklahomatransient.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, I wondered if it was worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is worth seeing, I won't ruin it but one of the truck chases was a little 'hollywood' and the explosions were a litttle also but the story line was good.

      Delete
  5. I so can't wait to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Duke - thanks for the review. if you say it's legit, then i am all over it. thanks buddy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even true stories are spiced up in the movies but I like the fact there are no actors in the major roles.

      Delete