Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Loving Memory

I know many of you found out through my friend Stephen that my Mother in Law passed away.
After the assault it was discovered she had ovarian cancer and it was too far advanced. She was in Hospice care at home when she passed away. She went through so much being severely beaten and loosing twin daughters to the same cancer, one was my first wife and the second died just 2 weeks ago, she was not able to attend the funeral.
She was an amazing woman and meant so much to me. She lived next door and other family was out of town, I would check in on her and help her when she needed it. I would take her to church and usually lunch afterward.
She was born in England in 1931,  I was intrigued by her stories about WWII. As a girl she remembered the bombings and dog fights in the sky over head, as kids they would run to find pieces which were shot off of fighting aircraft that they would see fall to the ground. She moved the the US in the late 60's with her husband and kids and they became US citizens. She was proud of her new country. She was always thinking of others. The night before her surgery (which the doctors said she probably would not make it through) she was weak and in pain however she wanted a birthday card to send to her friend who had a birthday coming up, which she got, I can still see her writing in the card and addressing it, I mailed it for her. I have never met anyone quite like her. She will be missed.

28 comments:

  1. I'm sincerely sorry for your loss, brother. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words will not ease your pain, but maybe time will. She is with her girls now and they are watching over everyone as angles from above.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God rest her and give her peace. She sounds like a beautiful woman. God bless you for what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Duke - what a beautiful write up you did for such a beautiful lady. i am glad that she had you with her. you are still in our thoughts and prayers.

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duke,
    You were your Mother In-Law's angel, visiting and taking care of her. She will always appreciate you for being a wonderful son to her, and husband to her daughter. My family is keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She sounded like a great woman, and, a classy lady. My thoughts are with you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart hurts for you, Blessings for you and yours.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sorry to read this. I send my condolences and hugs! Prayers for all being sent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful lady! Thanks for letting us get to know her a little bit. May you have comfort in knowing that you were always there for her when needed. You were a wonderful, caring son-in-law.

    God's comfort and blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys, my sister knew her quite well and also sends her prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd like to offer my condolences, I know there aren't words that can be put on a comments section that can help this.

    Your blog friends are here for what we can be here for.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May she rest in peace, and may God ease your hearts as you deal with her passing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Duke, I'm very sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's amazing the people that touch our lives. She sounds like a beautiful person. Thank goodness you had the joy of her in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry to read about your loss.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am sorry. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. She sounds like a wonderful lady. God Bless you & your family, Duke.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I did read that but haven't been near my computer until today. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad she is with her girls and they are all feeling whole again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a most remarkable woman.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Was thinking of you this morning and wanted to let you know. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much everyone for your thoughts and prayers, it means so much to me.

    ReplyDelete