Thursday, July 4, 2013

No celebration for the 4th

 Today I do not celebrate the 4th of July..... I celebrate Independence Day on the 4th of July, there is a difference, there is a reason for celebrating on this day.
I know for a fact the people who read this blog know the difference but I bet the average government indoctrinated school kid does not and probably could not even tell you what this day really means.



So celebrate being independent today, do something the government does not like. I know this day we remember being free of government tyranny from England but 237 years ago England had less restrictions than we have now.
 Here is an idea, someone in Washington area, go hoist a Gadsden flag in front of the Capitol Building.

18 comments:

  1. Have a great day, Bubba. Tell 'em I send the flag if they'll display it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephen, you also my friend, pop off a few rounds to tick off the Democritters.

      Delete
  2. The Capitol, some 4,000 miles away, is too distant in both miles & attitude. But touching off a few rounds in remembrance of Independence is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rev Paul, my thoughts exactly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well said, and I'm going to put some range time in also! And LOVE the grips on that snubbie!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO, I like them a lot as well. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. Dear Duke - i wish you a wonderful Independence Day! enjoy!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kymber, I like my Canadian friends but you are my favorite.

      Delete
    2. Dear Duke, although i have met many incredibly-awesome American seabees in my career - YOU are my number one! thanks buddy! xox

      Delete
  6. The boys will be letting them loose after dinner up on Rocky Top, their little way to say they are Americans and free, for now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Duke

    Happy Independence Day My Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had the chance to speak with a few folks who damn near get violent when you bring up the word Secession yesterday. Things got real quiet when I asked them during our conversation, "Just what exactly do you think you are celebrating every year on Independence Day again?".... Crickets....

    ReplyDelete
  9. A young fellow that works with me asked me what Independence Day really meant. After I picked my jaw up off the floor, I told him. They didn't know it was the 150th anniversary of Gettysburg either. GASP!

    I guess I get a daily reminder of why we home educate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, My point exactly, teach 'em at home and don't let the government indoctrinate them.

      Delete