Thursday, April 10, 2014

A better idea...continued

I could tell from yesterdays post this is a sore subject with most, and I understand but my thoughts are this idea of Eric Holders has no chance of being implemented anytime in the near future and maybe not ever.
 Just take liberal NY (now I know not all New Yorkers are liberal but they do elect some of the most liberal politicians so apparently they are in the majority) anyway point being their Governor Andrew Cuomo signed a bill to require residents to register their 'assault' weapons and by many accounts about 90% of the gun owners have said they refuse and will not, even holding many demonstrations to burn their registration forms. All this over just a form to register guns, how do you think this would go over requiring folks to actually wear an ID bracelet ? I can't imagine. 

Now mind you this uprising is from a state which already has some of the worst, most restrictive gun laws so it's not like this caught them off guard.
All this goes to prove Eric Holder is delusional or smoking some really bad stuff (or both)
Actually I wish so much he would really try this, I would love to watch the flack, it would be really entertaining to watch federal agents trying to enforce ID bracelets in Texas for example. Maybe it would make a really good reality TV show kind of like Moonshiners or Swamp People. TV crews could follow around ATF agents as they comb the back woods of the deep south searching for 'lawless' assault weapon owners and forcing to wear an ID tags, now THAT would be worth watching on Pay Per View.

18 comments:

  1. I'd certainly purchase a ticket. The Fed's just gave over a few million to further the research into this very project. A resident of our current hometown, Mr Mossberg developed the technology needed to hasten Holder's idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They develop the technology but it will be a hard to sell to even get a democrat controlled congress to go along, just look at recent gun laws failing in Detroit for example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that all these guys in D.C. do is sit around a think up this crap. Its hard enough to get anyone to wear an ankle bracelet for home confinement as it is. Now you want a gun owner to wear something. Good luck chuck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone should register a pencil or pen. In the right hands those could be assault weapons as just about anything if that is ones intent. I know in a class once we were taught to carry our keys sticking out of our fingers while making a fist. I think that could put a hurting on someone "if" they did not have a knife or gun and were just grabbing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mamma Bear, I would like to see a conservative government make the press get all stories approved by some bureaucrat before they could publish it. Lets see how that would go over.

      Delete
  5. Well i look at it this way, oops, I don't need any firearms that require a bracelet, so you going to make me retrofit them, oops, I don't own any firearms. Search all you want, oh I'm sorry you didn't find any, have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Senior, I know what you mean. This is getting so weird I am selling all my guns off.

      Delete
  6. The only difference between Janet Reno and Eric Holder is that Reno was a dangerous idiot, and Holder is just an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, It never ceases to amaze me the ignorant things this bunch thinks will actually work, maybe it was too much science fiction and dope smoking in the 70's.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I'd PAY to watch that... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO, It would be entertaining no doubt.

      Delete
  8. i'm with Old NFO - THAT would be a reality show that i would definitely watch! oh ya baby! good post Duke!

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kymber, I am not holding my breath for the show to happen.

      Delete
  9. it would be a short show. "atf ! drop that gun, you don't have a bracelet!"..BAM..."GO TO STATION BREAK, GO TO STATION BREAK!".....next week on BRACELET ENFORCEMENT, a new agent tries his luck in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We don't own a tv but if they would air the show we would reconsider!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JDM, It would be the best show on TV for sure.

      Delete