Monday, November 18, 2013

Supporting the Resistance.

With all the talk about health care and government wanting to control every aspect of our lives it is interesting that I received an email about "Supporting the Resistance" I decided to write my own idea of this.
First of all and make no mistake, money drives the greed machine we know as the government this is the exact reason they tax, add user fees, license and regulate every aspect of our lives so it makes sense to cut off any unnecessary funds from them so I have listed ways I plan to work this out.
Don't borrow money, the government collects fees on banks, credit card companies and in general large corporations pay big chunks of corporate tax so by cutting down on their business we cut down on government revenue.
Support local business. Large companies pay big tax bills and small companies not so much and some small shops will give a discount for cash.  When possible buy used items, this cuts down on import items as well and keeps money in the local economy so it goes without saying private sales are totally tax free and cut the government out of any share.  Bartering is another excellent way to not only cut off government funding but save a lot of money as well. Another little known fact, if you buy a car for example from a private individual you will pay tax on the price when you apply for the tag and title however if you barter or trade for the vehicle there is no tax, in our state for example when you apply for the title you simply put "trade" where the form asks for the price paid and the tax is zero, in fact I have never had it questioned it is none of their business what you trade. Craigslist has a whole section devoted to items for barter or trade.
Growing a garden is another good way to cut down on government funding and also gives you barter items not to mention the health benefits. Speaking of health we have decided not to participate in the health care exchanges, my wife is one who can't keep her plan, and we won't pay a penalty either (I won't give away that secret because I don't want to hurt this venue) you can do the research for yourself . I am sure you may have other ways to cut down on government funding if you do please share.
I am just a little voice in the wilderness but I will do my part to starve the beast and it goes without saying less money to the government means more in my pocket, how can you argue with that.

7 comments:

  1. Yep. Starve em into submission. Go Galt as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PP, It may not work but at least I will do my share and have more to boot. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I think you are exactly right. Sometimes I have to use a credit card, as when I order gun parts or whatever on line. But I've been trying to do less of that as late. I'm also going to try gardening again this spring, mainly because I've seen what people have done at their place when they blog about it. I've never had any luck but maybe if I try it again I can at least raise corn and potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harry, I also use credit cards when doing mail or internet orders and sometimes if out of town and don't have cash but I ALWAYS pay off the bill at the end of the month. My garden was a total flop this year. Beans seem to be a good crop and it keeps producing through the summer.

      Delete
  3. Amen, Bubba. But you know where I stand on the issue of starving uncle sam. By the way...it is my understanding that debit cards are now afforded the same protection, by Visa, as credit cards. Just a thought. Although I'd check the first check the facts by calling the listed number on the debit card.

    ReplyDelete