Monday, June 24, 2013

I am Liberal

Why is it we let the liberal, pinko, tree hugging,dope smoking, bed wetters set the meaning for words and phrases.
I think we should take some words back from the liberals, here is a start.
I am Liberal because I believe in liberty, I don't think government should control our lives. I am liberal because I have an open mind and can think for myself, I have developed critical thinking, I can read and decipher facts and not have my mind clouded by others narrow views, this is almost the exact opposite of what 'liberals' claim to be because even in the face of facts they will say stuff like "well anyway it's just not fair" or "I just feel it is wrong" or more often they just plain ignore facts and decide not to believe them because it does not fit their agenda.
I am also Pro Choice, I choose to be free, I choose not let government decide my fate. I want to choose what kind of car to drive regardless of how many miles to the gallon it gets, I want to choose what type of gun I want and how many round of ammunition it will hold. I choose to educate my kids the way I want free of government intervention. I choose not to have government force me to buy health insurance. I choose to uphold the Constitution of the United States and not abide by all the unconstitutional laws they impose on us.
 Government hates free people because they loose their power, they prefer 'slaves' who they can control. Government suckers us into thinking we are free but really we are only 'free' as far as their chain will let us go.
Some may think this view is a little extreme but why is it government and even the IRS target free thinkers like the Tea Party, or gun groups, or home schoolers, or survivalists etc. The reason is they don't want free people, free people don't ask permission from government.
I do not ask permission from government.

8 comments:

  1. Dear Duke - you nailed it! there are all kinds of words that have been taken over! let's take them back! i'm a liberal too! (so liberal in fact that i moved to a place where there are only 2 cops and nobody gets into each other's business! it's a good place to be!)

    your friend,
    kymber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Kymber, you are may favorite liberal.

      Delete
  2. Excellent points! And I'm going to try that and see what kind of responses I get from the LWLs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old NFO, It might be fun to turn the tables for a change.

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I think I'm a liberal, too, AND am pro-choice!!! Who knew??!! Great post!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CottonLady, I knew there were more of us out there. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. My friend, once again you nailed it with this post!

    Very good, buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HermitJim, thanks, always good to hear from you.

      Delete